REGISTER TO VOTE
All Iowa phonebooks contain a voter registration form or you can get one at many state offices.To register in person, visit your county auditor’s office.You may fill out online, then print and mail, this registration form on the Iowa Secretary of State’s website. Completed voter registration forms should be returned to the county auditor’s office in the county where you live.
HOW TO LOBBY
As citizens and voters it’s our job to hold our elected officials accountable. To be accountable, they must understand how we feel about the issues that affect our lives and that we care about deeply. By getting involved in the political process, we can work to ensure accountability. ICAN provides the following Lobbying Tools so that ordinary citizens can get active and build accountability from the grassroots up.
- Building Relationships With State Legislators
- Writing Effective Letters to State Legislators
- Making Effective Calls to Legislators
- Participating in Message Phone-Ins
- Writing Effective Letters to the Editor
- Making an Effective Statement at a Public Hearing