40th Anniversary Celebration
Embrace the Past… Celebrate the Present… Dream for the Future
Join us as we commemorate 40 years of activism with Iowa Citizen Action Network
May 30, 2019 5 pm Happy Hour 6 pm Program
Holiday Inn Downtown 1050 6th Street Des Moines, Iowa 50314
It’s our Ruby Anniversary!
Our Confirmed Guest Speakers include:
- John “Skip” Laitner: Skip is a founding member of Iowa Citizen-Labor Energy Coalition which became ICAN. He was a senior economist for the EPA, he now leads a sustainable energy policy team, Economic and Human Dimensions Research Associates, based in Tucson. He travels the globe speaking on energy and climate policy.
- J.D. Scholten: J.D. is defined by his Iowa values. After nearly unseating Steve King in 2018, J.D. is now director of Working Hero Iowa, helping promote the Earned Income Tax Credit to assist low-income Iowans. He believes that hard work, civility and community are the values we should all aspire to, and he is committed to living those values
- Heather Booth: Heather founded and was director of Citizen-Labor Energy Coalition. She is a civil rights activist, feminist, and strategist who has been involved in activism for progressive causes. She is featured in a documentary: Heather Booth: Changing the World. (via video call)
- Rob Sand: Rob was elected as Iowa’s State Auditor in 2018 where he serves as our “taxpayers watchdog.” He formerly was a part of the Area Prosecutions Division, becoming the first ever Assistant Attorney General focused on prosecuting financial crime. No one else has prosecuted more of Iowa’s public corruption or major financial crime over the last decade.
- Maura Quint: Maura helped found and currently serves as the Executive Director of Tax March. An advocate for economic justice and a fair tax code, she works with activists across the country to help shape narratives and raise voices. She has appeared as a guest on shows including On the Media, MSNBC and Pitchfork Economics.
Featuring a special appearance by The Trump Chicken launching our program to secure the future: Tax March Iowa